IT Software services for banking, financial services and insurance. Formed in 2000
Key Business Segments
- Banking and capital markets: 4008 cr, 45%
- Insurance: 1005 cr, 12%
- Information technology, communication & entertainment: 1397 cr, 16%
- Emerging technologies: 2413 cr, 27%
- Revenue: 9000 cr
Employee expense: 4900 cr
- Net income: 1200 cr
- Application development: 33% (of revenue)
- Application maintenance: 30%
- Infrastructure management services: 13%
- Knowledge processing services: 9%
- Service / technical Helpdesk: 7%
- Transaction processing service: 7%
- Customer service: 1%
- License income: 19 cr, 0%
- Application Maintenance involves maintenance of existing customer software and is mostly undertaken on annuity terms.
- Application Development refers to customized software development services based on the requirements and specifications given by customers and documented in a Statement of Work.
- Customer Services include receivables collection support, product support, enrollment etc. provided to clients through BPS operations.
- Knowledge Processes refer to the outsourcing of relatively high-level processes of the customer and Risk, Compliance and Transaction management solutions in the US housing market.
- Transaction Processing includes claims processing, account opening and maintenance, data processing and management.
- Service/Technical Help Desk comprise of inbound and outbound customer interaction programs including technical product support, customer care and allied services.
- Infrastructure Management Services include end-to-end managed mobility solutions covering workplace management & other support services, hosting services which comprise of mainframe or midrange, application & web hosting services, Payment Managed Solutions and data center services focused on migration, automation & other software services.
- License Income pertains to the income from license sale in the health care space of the Company’s product Javelina and Wynsure. Revenues grew by 48.6% in FY20.
As of year 2020 (approx values):
- USA: 6874 cr, 78%
- India: 448 cr, 11%
- EMEA: 988 cr, 5%
- ROW: 512 cr, 6%
- Onsite: 5109 cr
- Offshore: 3714 cr
- Time and material: 6518 cr, 74%
- Fixed price: 2305 cr, 26%
We continue to focus on increasing the revenue from Fixed Price contracts as it is an important margin lever for us.
- Direct international: 6155 cr, 70%
- DXC / HP business: 2382 cr, 27 %
- Others: 285 cr, 3%
Blackstone portfolio companies
Hewlett Packard enterprise
Types of Risks
- Foreign currency exchange rate risk
- Liquidity risk - low
- Interest rate risk - low
- Credit risk (due to covid)
- Cost of Revenue (COR): 73.6 %
- Gross profit: 26.4 %
- Operating profit (= gross profit - selling and general administration expenses): 16%
Note: operating profit does not include other income and interest expenses
- Current ratio: 2
- Return on equity: 21.4%
- Mphasis DeepInsights: A cognitive intelligence platform for faster and effective access to insights from data. Developed by NextLabs – the research and innovation hub of Mphasis
- HyperGraf – business intelligence and analytics solution
- Received US patent for an AI system to analyze data from unstructured data sources. The newly issued patent relates to leveraging Machine Learning (ML) algorithms to analyze free text from a variety of communication channels – including news and editorial articles, blogs, emails, consumer complaints and social media.
Disclaimer: This is not an investment advice. This is just research done by me for my own personal investments. I am in no way associated with these companies. Although best efforts are made to ensure that all information published is accurate and up to date, occasionally unintended errors and misprints may occur.